PDA

View Full Version : Problem running games with wine

Frankaz
19th April 2006, 06:20 PM
I have wine installed but am having problems running installed games - Civ2, C&C TFD. Both will install fine but will not run when i click on the shortcuts or type in wine [game.exe]. The Civ2 map editor does run.

jonathanpeter
19th April 2006, 06:41 PM
Can you be a bit more detailed please? What happens when you run the applications? What are the error messages? If you don't get any, trying running them in the terminal. E.g. Click Terminal and type the command "civserver" (off the top of my head).

Mat
19th April 2006, 06:56 PM
(Thread renamed)

Frankaz
19th April 2006, 07:36 PM
when i "run" the applications all that happens is they lock up. wine does not report anything. Originally i did have a problem with DirectX Sound but that has been solved by changing to emulation instead of hardware in winecfg

Frankaz
19th April 2006, 07:38 PM
to run Command & Conquer TFD the command is 'wine TFDLauncher.exe'. The laucher program works fine but the games just crash when clicked on.

Fezzik
19th April 2006, 08:36 PM
I am having trouble with wine too. When I go to run a program what it tells me is "Res is not a registered protocol" Does anyone know how to fix that?

Frankaz
19th April 2006, 09:47 PM
Finally got an error message : An privileged instruction was executed at address 004dd5b4
Click OK to terminate the application