PDA

View Full Version : Font Problem



webdude
19th April 2006, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I recently decided to explore KDE. I found kde-redhat repos that are supposed to complement Fedora. I added the repo and updated my system. Everything worked out great except all my fonts have changed. They are not very nice looking. Not smooth like they used to be. I switched back to GNOME but all the crappy fonts are still there. I must have "upgraded" some font package and now the text everywhere looks like crap.

Any hints on how to change it back?

Cheers.

webdude
30th April 2006, 12:05 AM
I had to delete .font* in my ~ directory to get my fonts back. Now all is good again.

yjiang
3rd May 2006, 04:55 PM
thanks for your post, i had the same problem with my FC5, after i switched to kde, and all fonts changed, it is ugly, deleting .font* does the trick.

ogetbilo
14th May 2006, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the info
I made a'yum update' , the following upgrades were made:


May 12 02:30:50 Updated: qt.i386 1:3.3.6-2.0.fc5.kde
May 12 02:30:52 Updated: sip.i386 4.4.3-0.2.fc5.kde
May 12 02:31:06 Updated: sane-backends.i386 1.0.17-5.fc5.9
May 12 02:31:13 Updated: libgda.i386 1:1.9.100-6.fc5
May 12 02:31:19 Updated: PyQt.i386 3.16-0.6.fc5.kde
May 12 02:31:21 Updated: wpa_supplicant.i386 1:0.4.8-10.fc5
May 12 02:31:28 Updated: NetworkManager.i386 0.6.2-2.fc5
May 12 02:31:38 Updated: PyKDE.i386 3.15.2-0.3.20060422.fc5.kde
May 12 02:32:12 Updated: libgnomedb.i386 1:1.9.100-7.fc5
May 12 02:32:25 Updated: sip-devel.i386 4.4.3-0.2.fc5.kde
May 12 02:32:50 Updated: kaffeine.i386 0.8.1-3.fc5
May 12 02:33:03 Updated: kmplayer.i386 0.9.2-1.fc5
May 12 02:34:09 Updated: qt-devel.i386 1:3.3.6-2.0.fc5.kde
May 12 02:34:12 Updated: qt-designer.i386 1:3.3.6-2.0.fc5.kde
May 12 02:34:41 Updated: kdevelop.i386 9:3.3.2-1.1.fc5.kde
May 12 02:34:48 Updated: smb4k.i386 0.7.0-1.fc5.rf
May 12 02:34:49 Installed: ctapi-common.i386 1.0-2.fc5
May 12 02:34:53 Updated: openct.i386 0.6.7-2.fc5
May 12 02:35:17 Installed: acroread.i386 7.0.5-2.2.fc5.rf
May 12 02:35:19 Updated: raptor.i386 1.4.9-2.fc5
May 12 02:35:21 Updated: libipoddevice.i386 0.4.5-1.fc5
May 12 02:35:28 Updated: selinux-policy.noarch 2.2.36-2.fc5
May 12 02:35:32 Updated: imlib2.i386 1.2.2-1.fc5.rf
May 12 02:35:43 Updated: isdn4k-utils.i386 3.2-41.1.fc5
May 12 02:35:46 Updated: libdc1394.i386 2.0.0-0.1.pre7.fc5.rf
May 12 02:35:47 Updated: dosfstools.i386 2.11-5.FC5
May 12 02:35:49 Updated: sane-backends-devel.i386 1.0.17-5.fc5.9
May 12 02:35:54 Updated: NetworkManager-gnome.i386 0.6.2-2.fc5
May 12 02:36:00 Updated: kaffeine-debuginfo.i386 0.7.1-1.2.fc5.rf
May 12 02:36:03 Updated: PyQt-devel.i386 3.16-0.6.fc5.kde
May 12 02:36:13 Updated: PyKDE-devel.i386 3.15.2-0.3.20060422.fc5.kde
May 12 02:36:24 Updated: kplayer.i386 0.5.3-4.lvn5
May 12 02:36:37 Updated: tzdata.noarch 2006g-1.fc5
May 12 02:36:39 Updated: libsepol.i386 1.12.6-1.fc5
May 12 02:36:41 Updated: nmap.i386 2:4.03-0.fc5
May 12 02:36:43 Updated: fetchmail.i386 6.3.4-0.fc5.1
May 12 02:40:17 Updated: selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 2.2.36-2.fc5
May 12 02:40:18 Updated: NetworkManager-glib.i386 0.6.2-2.fc5
May 12 02:40:25 Updated: kde-i18n-Turkish.noarch 1:3.5.2-3.0.kde
May 12 02:42:33 Erased: AdobeReader_enu

Then my fonts screwed up. Deleting the .fonts* in the home directory fixed the problem. I wonder which package corrupted the thing.