PDA

View Full Version : No Auto Hibernate if Not Logged In

freddyfish
19th April 2006, 10:10 AM
I am using FC5 and suspend2 kernel 2.6.16-1.2080_2.rhfc5.cubbi_suspend2 on a desktop. Hibernate to disk and resume are working and GPM set to hibernate if inactive. Hibernate on no activity works fine if there is a user logged in. BUT if nobody logged in, it just sits for hours and does not hibernate. :(

Any ideas what could be stopping this when no users logged in, or logfiles etc. I should look at? /var/log/messages and /var/log/hibernate.log don't give anything.

Thanks

rucubed
28th April 2006, 08:15 PM
I think you need to be logged in to have the settings take affect. Each user has its own settings, I don't knwo if there are any defaults to rely on.

You could write your own script to run as a cron job and check every few minutes if any one is logged in and hibernate if a timeout has occured.

freddyfish
1st May 2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. I came to the same conclusion, that the G-P-M is only for logged in users and I would need to write my own script. The daemon is only there when logged in. (But I did find that the settings can be fixed either as default or forced values so that all users can be set the same.)