PDA

View Full Version : Ayuda en Proyecto!

eacevedo
19th April 2006, 06:08 AM
Hola amigos usuarios de Fedora, he sido usuario de esta distribucion desde la version 1, y basados en la tecnologia de RedHat, siempre ha sido estable y robusta.

Ahora la siguiente peticion que quiero hacerles es relacionada a un proyecto educativo que estamos desarrollando, y deseamos aumentar la participacion de los usuarios del software de codigo abierto, es decir linux, pero tenemos un pequeño inconveniente con la interfaz grafica, pues los antiguos usuarios del otro OS, tienen inconvenientes con la adaptacion.

La idea es poder desarrollar un tema que sea facil de instalar en Gnome o Kde similar al tema de win xp o 2000.
Adicionalmente entiendo la posicion de otros al referirse de una interfaz fea, pero para poder difundir mas el codigo abierto, debemos parecernos a nuestro competidor.

Espero me puedan ayudar.

Gracias y espero sus comentarios.

Eliecer Acevedo Patiño
eacevedo@educandote.edu.co

(Edit: See Seve's translation below)

InKo
19th April 2006, 07:16 AM
english? :)

Seve
19th April 2006, 07:23 AM
In an effor to assist...courtesy of http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Hello usuary friends of Fedora, I have been usuary of this distribution from version 1, and based on tecnologia of RedHat, always she has been stable and robust. Now the following request that I want to do to them is related to an educative project that we are developing, and we wished to increase the participation of the users of the software of I cosay open, is to say linux, but we have a small disadvantage with the grafica interface, because the old users of the other OS, have disadvantages with the adaptation. The idea is to be able to develop a subject that is facil to install in Gnome or Kde similar to the subject of win xp or 2000. Additionally I understand the position of others when talking about of an ugly interface, but to be able to spread but I cosay open, we must seem us to our competitor. I hope can help me. Thanks and I wait for its commentaries.

bob
19th April 2006, 01:08 PM
If I understand the question, you are trying to make FC resemble Windows in appearance? If so, check out these sites: http://www.kde-look.org/ and http://www.gnome-look.org/ There are several themes that resemble Windows, including one I've notice for the new Vista look.

In the future, PLEASE use English to do your posts. As you can tell, we're having problems translating.

eacevedo
19th April 2006, 03:03 PM
Sorry guys, My bad I've assumed that this it was an Spanish forum, I was refered by Fedora-es.org

Hi Fedora users, I have worked a while with this distro and we want to make this more popular, and am part of a project to increase amount of users to move from m$ to linux, and we have found that there is a lot of resistance about the graphic interface.

I would like to have some help in how to develop a theme for kde or gnome which ever, just something that looks like win xp or 2000.

I fully understand other users in doing this, but that will be a first step to start taking all users to move from m$ to opensource.

I hope that someone can help me out.

Thanks and i'll be waiting for any comments.

Eliecer Acevedo Patiño
eacevedo@educandote.edu.co

giulix
19th April 2006, 03:40 PM
In the future, PLEASE use English to do your posts. As you can tell, we're having problems translating.

No, we're not. Babelfish has... :D