PDA

View Full Version : torrent clients... help?

ezzetabi
18th April 2006, 07:43 AM
I'll looking for a good torrent client, I know it has been discussed before, but I prefere the console only programs since I dislike keeping busy my graphical session only for downloads.

I tried rtorrent but it gave me strange problems, still I do not know if it were my/its/trackers fault.
I am using bittorrent-console, but it does not allow selective download.

So the point is, do you know a torrent client that works well and allows selective downloading?
Thanks

SnoutUK
18th April 2006, 01:17 PM
I'll looking for a good torrent client, I know it has been discussed before, but I prefere the console only programs since I dislike keeping busy my graphical session only for downloads.

I tried rtorrent but it gave me strange problems, still I do not know if it were my/its/trackers fault.
I am using bittorrent-console, but it does not allow selective download.

So the point is, do you know a torrent client that works well and allows selective downloading?
Thanks

try bittornado, i think thats command and GUI, www.bittornado.com

hope that helps

wdgiles
18th April 2006, 01:23 PM
my personal preference is to run azureus inside a vnc session on a headless machine. I run the built-in web interface and manage my torrents from that interface. I know you didn't want to keep the gui busy, but this doesnt seem to tax the system too much and the web interface means I can manage it from anywhere.