PDA

View Full Version : Core 2 Test 2 - NVidia Problems

chrisw24
31st March 2004, 05:46 AM
I just switched from Gentoo, however when installing the NVidia lastest drivers, my X crashes when I start X.

This happens even if replace the default nv with nvidia. I removed the "load dri" but I get nothing. I'm not at my desk now, however I'll post additional information tomorrow.

My current system is:

Dell 520 - Dual X 2gig Zeon
NVidia Quadro 4
Dual 17" FP

I can get the regular NV driver to show up on one monitor, however putting the nvidia in place crashes my box.

Does anyone have twinview (dual monitors) working with NVidia drivers with Fedora Core 2 Test 2 ??? If so could you post your XF86Config file here so I can compare?

Thanks
Chris

mars_hall
31st March 2004, 05:58 AM
I don't know if it will help or not, but on the screen during set-up for firewall, try disabling SELinux. I was having issues with "X" starting and this is what helped me.

ewdi
31st March 2004, 06:03 AM
i disable selinux and reinstall nvidia driver it works well, except when i probe monitor it went blank again on X

mars_hall
31st March 2004, 06:17 AM
I guess I can't be of much help here, my video card belongs in the"oldest hardware" catagoy.

chrisw24
31st March 2004, 06:16 PM
Thats funny, I just got tired of all the alert messages with the SELinux extensions. I have reinstalled thereafter.. I'm going to give it another whirl and let you all now what I find.

Thanks Again

chrisw24
1st April 2004, 12:00 AM
ahhh... I said screw it ...

I needed to get back to work so I installed Fedora Core 1 instead. I'll wait till the bugs are taken care of before switching. Thanks for all your help.

Chris

tbossert
2nd April 2004, 11:55 PM
I had the same problem I got around it by using the nvidia drivers from http://www.sh.nu/download/nvidia/ and then add this to my XFree86 config file after my videocard definition

option "NvAGP" "1"

tbossert
3rd April 2004, 01:37 AM
well it was working anyway but since I tried it a third time im back to normal crashing