PDA

View Full Version : Wine from src / tar Error

Tellik
5th April 2006, 10:57 PM
Can someone help me figure out how to re-compile wine? I'm running x86_64. I have the latest ati-flgxr drivers from livina installed and working for my ATI Mobility X600. glxgears even runs well.

I'll start off by stating that I know it is easier to install from rpm's. My problem is, for the game I wish to play I have to apply patches and the only instructions I've seen to do this is to re-compile after applying the patches. If there is a better way plese let me know.

What I have done is downloaded both the tarball and the src.rpm for wine-0.9.11, independently that is, applied the patch to each, and they both give me the following error:

*** Warning: X development files not found. Wine will be built without
*** X support, which currently does not work, and would probably not be
*** what you want anyway. You will need to install devel packages of
*** Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.

I've searched on the web, and the most advice I've found is either install the rpm (doesn't seem to be a solution) or install the developement package for X.

As to the second part, as far as I know I have them installed. Does wine requrie something different to compile Xorg 7.0.0? As apposed to the older XF86 stuff?

An help here would be greately appreciated.

Thanks

Seve
6th April 2006, 05:04 AM
Can someone help me figure out how to re-compile wine? I'm running x86_64. I have the latest ati-flgxr drivers from livina installed and working for my ATI Mobility X600. glxgears even runs well.

I'll start off by stating that I know it is easier to install from rpm's. My problem is, for the game I wish to play I have to apply patches and the only instructions I've seen to do this is to re-compile after applying the patches. If there is a better way plese let me know.

What I have done is downloaded both the tarball and the src.rpm for wine-0.9.11, independently that is, applied the patch to each, and they both give me the following error:

*** Warning: X development files not found. Wine will be built without
*** X support, which currently does not work, and would probably not be
*** what you want anyway. You will need to install devel packages of
*** Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.

I've searched on the web, and the most advice I've found is either install the rpm (doesn't seem to be a solution) or install the developement package for X.

As to the second part, as far as I know I have them installed. Does wine requrie something different to compile Xorg 7.0.0? As apposed to the older XF86 stuff?

An help here would be greately appreciated.

Thanks
Hi:
Not 100% sure this helps your direct question..but..it would seem that you are missing some key files.... Try yum groupinstall "X Software Development" and see if that helps.
Seve :)

Tellik
8th April 2006, 03:40 AM
Tried that

" Try yum groupinstall "X Software..."

and it said I had nothing left to install. Is there a path problem between wine and fedora?

Tellik
8th April 2006, 04:23 AM
I discovered this bit of information, can someone help me figure out how to overcome this set back.

The /usr/X11R6/ Directory Hierarchy
X11R7 files install into /usr directly now, and no longer use the /usr/X11R6/ hierarchy. Applications that rely on files being present at fixed paths under /usr/X11R6/, either at compile time or run time, must be updated. They should now use the system PATH, or some other mechanism to dynamically determine where the files reside, or alternatively to hard code the new locations, possibly with fallbacks.

Thanks.

oakwcj
11th April 2006, 04:07 PM
The problem appears to be that the wine configure script can't locate the necessary libraries. Running the script posted in this link fixed it for me:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2005-December/043017.html

Tellik
13th April 2006, 02:46 AM
I've seen this before (I had forgotten about it). I haven't tried it since I got the new ATI drivers for my graphics card. I do have a question first before I try it. Do you have openGL support? if you run glxgears do you have any errors.

Thanks for the info and link.