PDA

View Full Version : FC5 Evolution

hoser_9
5th April 2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Guys,
How come Evolution does not have the calender integrated? I have to actually go to Applications->Office->Calendar to see my Evolution calendar. Is there a way to make Evolution have Calendar and Mail on the same Gui? Like it used to be before?

hoser_9
5th April 2006, 05:10 PM
Ok I feel dumb. For all the people who have this problem, The default for Evolution on FC5 is to hide the Switcher buttons. So go to

View->Switcher Appearance and uncheck the "Hide Buttons"

drunkahol
5th April 2006, 05:28 PM
I got stuck with that one too for a while :)

Duncan

pete_1967
5th April 2006, 05:33 PM
It's a 'usability' feature obviously.

Poor end users might get too confused for seeing Calendar, Contacts and other tabs by default so that they could immediately switch to it. You see it's lot more practical, productive and usable to hide functionality and important parts of a program than showing them by default in pursuit not to confuse poor end users :)

hoser_9
5th April 2006, 06:25 PM
What are you talking about pete_1967? Most people are use to the Outlook ( I hate to say :( ) format and assume that you will see those options with Evolution since Evo is a group of apps like Outlook, If I wanted just an email client I would have used thunderbird.

hoser_9
5th April 2006, 06:28 PM
I do have one more question on Evolution and using the Global Address List. Does anyone out there, ( IT Peeps) know what format the address list is in? You have the exchange server right.. but where the heck does the Global Address List reside usually ( I know it varies company company). Also is the address list stored in the form of .dll?