PDA

View Full Version : Remaster Fedora Core 5

ninjak
5th April 2006, 08:18 AM
Hello, I would like to remaster the ISO of FC 5 DVD to add some directory to the ISO.

I'm going to explain what I need to do:

- I downloaded FC5 DVD iso

- I "opened" it (not installed) writing all the files into directory

- I need to add some other directory (I don't want update Fedora) and the rebuild the ISO

I tried as I did with FC4 but when I boot with the new DVD (I burned my new ISO) and after the language choise - italian for me - Fedora setup program tell me that the DVD isn't recognized. This is not an error about md5sum (this check would be next step).

With FC4 I had to write the right label to the ISO so that it could be recognized. I did the same with the new ISO (the new label is FC/5 i386) but this time it doesn't work.

Someone can help me, please?

daneel971
5th April 2006, 08:31 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm surprised thet with FC4 worked. I think that the directory structure is somewhat "hardcoded", so if you change something the dvd won't be recognized anymore during the install.
Try to follow the instructions for updating the distro cd/dvd, even if you aren't going to update anything.
Or try the approach suggested for a custom SysRescueCD: burn the original iso to a dvd+rw, the use growisofs to grow the original filesystem adding the new directories.