PDA

View Full Version : messenger client that comes with Core 5

consumed
4th April 2006, 08:51 PM
I'm totally new to Linux so plz excuse me if my questions seem far out or hard to understand. I got Core 5 installed this morning and I'm loving it, just working my way around the O/S. Anyways, I found the defauly msg client that comes with Core 5 and I signed onto my MSN. I love the spell check and how it keeps logs but I have 1 question.
When I run MSN under XP on my main rig you are alound to have a pic of yourself or whatever you want. Is this possible with this msg program or do I need to download another one for that? Thanks in advance for any help.

wdgiles
4th April 2006, 08:57 PM
I'm assuming you're using Gaim: pasted from this link: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/faq.php#q44

Can I set a buddy icon?
Yes. Go to the Account Editor (Tools->Accounts from the buddy list), and click to "Modify" the AIM/ICQ account you wish to have an icon. Enter the full path to the image you wish to use in the box labeled "Buddy Icon File." The file must be smaller than 4KB. It can have any dimensions, and can be in any format. However, if you wish Windows users to see it, it must be in a format Windows understands, such as .bmp, .gif, and .jpg.

consumed
4th April 2006, 09:08 PM
thx for the reply.

Solo.Dev
4th April 2006, 09:29 PM
you could also try using kopete, IMHO it looks better than gaim, and works just as good. Actually, it is the reason that i even have KDE installed on my system