PDA

View Full Version : Laptop goes to sleep when taken off AC power

mkomarinski
4th April 2006, 03:52 AM
FC5 with all the updated, IBM X40.

When I have the laptop on AC and I remove it (and the battery is fully charged) the laptop immediately goes to sleep. If I close the lid and reopen it, it wakes back up. If I plug the AC back in, the laptop keeps running.

I've installed the scripts from the ibm-acpi site, but they don't seem to be taking any effect. Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

krlynch
7th April 2006, 02:28 AM
I see the same problem. I've done a little experimenting, and it only seems to happen after I've closed the laptop lid the first time. That is, I seem to be able to pull hte ac power in and out many times after a fresh reboot without the laptop going into suspend. But, after I suspend it just once, the gnome-power-manager seems to think the lid is always closed. I get the following in /var/log/messages:

Apr 6 21:23:32 i-m-so-tired gnome-power-manager: Suspending computer because the lid has been closed, and the ac adapter removed

I don't know enough about gnome-power-manager, dbus, and hald to even guess how to fix this.

My machine is a Thinkpad R32

Firewing1
7th April 2006, 02:51 AM
Try removing gnome-power-manager (this will remove power management, though!)

su -
rpm -e gnome-power-manager
It's not that useful anyways as with graphic card drivers loaded your screen will never wake up.
Firewing1