PDA

View Full Version : scroll speed

gorak
4th April 2006, 01:17 AM
Hi All,

I use the adobe plugin in Firefox 1.5.1 on FC5 for viewing embedded pdf docs. I found that scrolling the document using the mouse wheel is very very slow, it just scrolls 3-4 per scroll. This also happens with the adobe acrobat read app. Any ideas why this happens?

gorak
4th April 2006, 05:08 AM
any ideas?

gorak
4th April 2006, 09:01 PM
is anyone out there who could help me on this?

yeauch
4th April 2006, 09:29 PM
Hi,

I notice the same problem with Firefox too. The scrolling of pages is SLOW (a lag in rendering?) on certain website - for eg. Stanton Findley's wonderful site :
http://www.stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html
Scrolling up and down the page is very sluggish on Firefox. Of course, on pdf embedded files too. :)

Do you have the same problem? Anyone experiencing the same problem?

gorak
4th April 2006, 09:37 PM
I face exactly the same problem. It's quiet annoying as this doesn't happen with windows and only with linux. Has anyone faced this issue? especially the problem with embedded pdf's? If so pls help.

yeauch
5th April 2006, 08:18 AM
I face exactly the same problem. It's quiet annoying as this doesn't happen with windows and only with linux. Has anyone faced this issue? especially the problem with embedded pdf's? If so pls help.
What I do with pdf files is to download them and open it with xpdf (copy the link or do a "save link as"). That should (I hope) make things scroll faster. As for launching it with Firefox, no luck here. :(

This seems to be "a Fedora only problem" and not Linux. On Gentoo it works as quick as lightning.

darkpark
20th April 2006, 05:04 AM
I'm not sure if this will affect the adobe plugin, but in order to increase the number of lines that are scrolled each time you have to adjust a setting in firefox:

1) in the address bar type: about:config
2) type mouse in the filter
3) set mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines to false
4) set mousewheel.withnokey.numlines to whatever value you desire

this takes affect immediately, no need to restart firefox.