PDA

View Full Version : ImageMagick in PHP 5? how?

markg85
3rd April 2006, 12:47 PM
Hey,

i have fedora core 4 running on my pc with php 5.1.2 (installed from a rpm) and i`m doing some image testing stuff with gd. now i also want to do the same stuff with ImageMagick but i can`t find a rpm for that that works in PHP 5... in combination with fedora core 4. i have found rpms for fedora core 1 up till 3 but that`s about it..

so any rpms for fedora core 4 with php 5? or a guide to get it working with php 5 and fedora core 4?

Thanx alot

jowah
3rd April 2006, 02:48 PM
It is unclear to me what you mean by "ImageMagick in PHP5", since ImageMagick is a image display and manipulation program. I'm going to assume you want to install that program. It comes in a package called "ImageMagick"

As root, do

yum install ImageMagickIf that doesn't work, there's something wrong with your yum setup and you'll have to seek help elsewhere in undoing the mess you've somehow done.

markg85
3rd April 2006, 03:10 PM
hehe that works just fine. but that it isn`t loaded as a extension in php.

what i basicly want i being able to use imagemagick in PHP!!

jowah
3rd April 2006, 03:14 PM
hehe that works just fine. but that it isn`t loaded as a extension in php.

what i basicly want i being able to use imagemagick in PHP!!Oh, riiiight, you mean use ImageMagick in PHP.... :D :p ;)

Well, have a look at this neat little project: PHP RPMs: The missing RPMs (http://phprpms.sourceforge.net/)

...which won't make you happy when you look at the php-imagemagic page... :(

markg85
3rd April 2006, 05:31 PM
i already found that site and it sais this for me (fedora core 4 user:)

*php-imagick on Fedora Core 4+

FC4 comes with ImageMagick 6, which is only supported experimentally by imagick PECL package (or, to say it like it is, the build fails;). Sorry, no RPMs.

and i can`t get it working with the PECL things cause they won`t compile :@ if you ask me imagemagick is a good thing but hopeless to install that`s why GD is still used 99% of the time

markg85
11th April 2006, 08:35 AM
no more solutions for this?