PDA

View Full Version : Video Temperature

lazlow
2nd April 2006, 06:30 PM
Hey Guys

Is there a way to check my video card temperature in FC4? It is an asus 7700 deluxe. Geforce2 gts nvidia chipset. I think that I could check it in XP (it has been a while). I use lm_sensors and hddtemp for other stuff. Fan died on the card so I replaced it with a northbirdge heatsink. Working ok so far, just a little worried.

lazlow

steve1961
2nd April 2006, 07:56 PM
I can check my video temp in GKrellm and nvidia-settings. I tend to use nvidia settings as I use the proprietary driver. See attachment below:

lazlow
2nd April 2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Steve

I found the nvidia settings. Mine does not have the thermal monitor listed. I do not quite understand how to post a screenshot here(I have one). Is this becuase I am limited to the legacy driver?

Thanks
Lazlow

steve1961
2nd April 2006, 08:37 PM
Hey Steve

I found the nvidia settings. Mine does not have the thermal monitor listed. I do not quite understand how to post a screenshot here(I have one). Is this becuase I am limited to the legacy driver?

Thanks
Lazlow

I'm not certain but I think that's likely. I don't know if there's a workround. Any ideas anyone?

Edit: for the screenshot I just hit print screen and cropped the image in gimp, and then added it by hitting the manage attachments button.

lazlow
2nd April 2006, 08:57 PM
Found the image thing (I think).
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7758&stc=1

Lazlow

steve1961
2nd April 2006, 10:50 PM
Looks like the legacy driver doesn't have the option. Have you tried gkrellm?

lazlow
2nd April 2006, 11:49 PM
I think gkrellm is just a front end. It draws it cpu info from lm_sensors and I assume (since no video temp shows up) that it must draw its video from the video driver. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Lazlow

steve1961
3rd April 2006, 08:23 AM
Sorry, yes you're right. I'm not sure what else to suggest. Any ideas anyone?