PDA

View Full Version : JRE instead of gcj - Problem

asebaey
2nd April 2006, 02:15 PM
I prefere to use sun java run time to run java applets and app. I made all the instructions
here in The Stanton Notes (http://www.stanton-finlStantoney.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#Java)

But for example when i try to run app like azureus it wouldn't run, whereas firefox show appletsd well

It shows me this on the terminal :

[ahmed@ams ~]$ azureus
~/.azureus/app/plugins ~
~
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-pi-gtk-3139 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Libra ry.java:123)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:19)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Conve rter.java:63)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Conve rter.java:54)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:122)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.<init>(SWTThread.java:7 5)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.crea teInstance(SWTThrea d.java:58)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.Initializer.<init>(Initializer.ja va:109)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.<init>(Main.java:127)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:142)

any help for this ?

asebaey
2nd April 2006, 09:31 PM
hey guyes

any want help ?

CoreSample
10th April 2006, 12:18 AM
As root, open the azureus script

vim /usr/bin/azureus

And add the directive "-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib" (if you're running x86_64 like me, use
"-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64" instead), in the last section of the file, so that it reads:

CLASSPATH=`build-classpath jakarta-commons-cli log4j swt-gtk-3.1.1 gtk2.8 glib0.2`:/usr/share/azureus/Azureus2.jar java -Dgnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.library_control=nev er -Dazureus.install.path=$APPDIR -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64 org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main "$@"

Note that the block of text is one continuous line with no line breaks in between.
Sorry for the late reply, I just installed FC5 today, and it rocks! :D

imdeemvp
10th April 2006, 12:48 AM
Sorry to jump in on this one. I dont use azureus I prefer to use the LimeWire PRO version for linux users (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=101298) and its free.