View Full Version : Sotware for FC5

ali780
30th March 2006, 10:43 AM
Hi
It is my pleasure if someone introduce me a link for free software for FC5 i386

Thank you

steve1961
30th March 2006, 10:47 AM
Hi, all the software in the FC5 repos are free. Follow Stantons how to below to add extra repos and then follow his instructions for installing packages:

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#Warning

ali780
30th March 2006, 10:58 AM
Thank you.
But I mean I want to download a software and after download I want install it. I don't want to install them online. Please give a link for downloadable software for FC5 i386

Thank you again

Demz
30th March 2006, 11:11 AM
use Yum or Yumex to get the software

antoniofh
30th March 2006, 08:32 PM
Thank you.
But I mean I want to download a software and after download I want install it. I don't want to install them online. Please give a link for downloadable software for FC5 i386

Thank you again

Your best bet would be to search out a website using google or your preferred search engine. Use "Best Linux Apps" or "Linux Software"... something like that as your search string. You should get a bunch of hits to sites with great information. From there if you cannot download the program from the site you can use google (or whatever you choose) again. Just use the search string "download <program name>"

That's what I've done and I've found some great programs that way.

ali780
31st March 2006, 08:31 AM
Hi
How do I install a software in Fedora

PeTzZz
31st March 2006, 08:44 AM
It is my pleasure if someone introduce me a link for free software for FC5 i386
Check this (http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?p=387944#post387944) post.

How do I install a software in Fedora
If rpm package is not available and you have to install from source then extract the tarball to the /opt folder, read INSTALL or README file for installation instructions. Typical installation process is ./configure, make and then make install. If you want to install from source, make sure that you have installed Development Tools. Also if ./configure process stops and says that package x is missing then (usually) you should install x-devel package with yum and then try to use the command ./configure again.

I don't want to install them online.
If the software you want is available via yum then why to install it manually downloading installation files from web pages?

ali780
31st March 2006, 10:18 AM
Thank you for your help