PDA

View Full Version : Folder Problem in Apache

WJProctor
29th March 2006, 10:02 PM
Hi Fokes,

Ive been setting up my server as normal with Apache, PHP, MYSQL etc. I can view the index of my site, but as soon as i navigate to any folder i get a 404 error. I know the folders are there, i just cant work out what i must have disabled!

Can anyone help

Regards

James

LLS
30th March 2006, 12:55 AM
404 is not found, do you have your paths right?
You have to put links to your other folders into your index.html like
"<a href="folder_name">folder name</a>"

WJProctor
30th March 2006, 10:29 AM
Ok, ive done a bit more research, and I can now access the folders via my lan, but something funny is up. The server is named sandbox, and acts as a web server through my router. My domain for the server is www.thisdoesntmatter.co.uk and when i go to the domain from any pc insider or outside my network it works fine. However when i go to www.thisdoesntmatter.co.uk/FolderName inside my network it automatically resolves to sandbox/FolderName and outside the network it just does a google search for sandbox. Whats going on, can anyone help? Its a bit annoying and i know it must be something obvious.

Regards

James

LLS
30th March 2006, 04:40 PM
You need some sort of DNS srvice to be able to be seen on the web. It can be a purchased service or there are free ones like DYDNS and many more that can make you visible on the lan or web. You just need to sign up resgiter and follow the how-tos.