PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio

minusbfold
29th March 2006, 08:22 PM
Is it possible to install fedora on a sony viao laptop cause I have a really awsome one at home and I never use it I figured I would install it on there.. If anyone knows let me know also where would I get drivers? and does wireless work?

steve1961
29th March 2006, 09:25 PM
I can't see any reason why not. Try searching this forum to see if anyone else has installed on this laptop. As for drivers, Fedora will automatically install those that it needs unless it doesn't support your hardware - and this doesn't happen that often. Usually it's straightforward but if you have problems someone on this forum will be able to advise you how to proceed. Most wireless cards do work, but some need to be configured or drivers installed once you've completed the installation. If you don't currently use the laptop you've got nothing to lose.

Lluisanunez
29th March 2006, 09:31 PM
There must be possible. Today I went to KDE for a while :rolleyes: and in the Control center I saw a module called "Sony Vaio keyboard special buttons module" .. or something like that

luismmorales
29th March 2006, 10:14 PM
i got it installed and working wiht a VGN-A517S and its working great i got the ati drivers working with 3d accel and the wifi and bt just fine. now i just trying to get the lcd brightness button working couse i getting erros witrh the sonypi drivers. but it works really well

minusbfold
30th March 2006, 02:27 PM
Good Stuff im going to have to try it soon... My wireless is built in so I hope it can pick it up cause there is nothing like sitting in my living room being able to play on the computer wireless :)