PDA

View Full Version : No Boot. udev goes to do_page_fault, please help with rescue

migsutu
28th March 2006, 10:14 PM
I have been running the new FC5 on my Dell Inspiron 8200 since last Wednesday and everything was working perfectly. Then last night, when I turned the machine on, it started to boot, and on starting udev it spams the screen with what look like memory locations followed by page fault messages after each address. I restart the machine again. and it gives me different text, again memory locations followed by handle_IRZ_event+0x23/0x4c and stuff like that. Then at the bottom it says Continuing in 120 seconds.

Another line I have noticed in all the spam is Badness in panic at kernel/panic.c:140 (Tainted: P )

I figured there must be a way to repair it with the linux rescue command on the dvd but I am not sure what steps to take next, any help is greatly appreciated.

migsutu
29th March 2006, 03:51 AM
After doing some more work, I think my problem is filesystem corruption. I have been attempting to run fsck and e2fsck but it then tells: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda. I am continuing to research, if anyone has any suggestions, I would be very appreciative.

migsutu
30th March 2006, 10:28 PM
I solved the problem. It was the hsfmodem driver I installed from linuxant. I uninstalled the driver from linux rescue, then changed over to the 16k stack and all my problems went away.