PDA

View Full Version : k3b Bizaro

28th March 2006, 07:38 AM
ok. when backing up my fc4 contents before making the migration on to fc5 i used k3b to burn a whole heap of data dvd's

now for some strange reason they are not being opened correctly in linux, but are opening properly under my winblows 2k installation.

when i mean properaly the directorys are not being listed in linux whilst i can view them and all the subdirectories quite nicelly in winblows..

why?

it was just a defult data dvd created by k3b.. i didnt change any of the filesystem options, but cant of the top of my head (as im in windows retrieving the contents of said dvd's) rememer which items were selected in k3b under fc4 by default.

mndar
28th March 2006, 11:01 AM
OK, first thing that pops up in my head. Have you mounted the disc.
Check which devices / partitions have been mounted using the command df

28th March 2006, 12:42 PM
.... if i can view every other file that is on the disc minus the folders that are written there.. then yes i have mounted the disk..

you need coffee moko. :P

mndar
29th March 2006, 06:11 PM
when i mean properaly the directorys are not being listed in linux whilst i can view them and all the subdirectories quite nicelly in winblows..
I interpreted it as you are not able to see anything on the DVD under Linux.
Anyway, I don't think its the file system thing. FC supports both Rock Ridge and ISO9660.
Was it a multisession disc ?