PDA

View Full Version : DVD::Rip Error FC5

stan0934
27th March 2006, 07:48 AM
I installed the perl-Video-DVDRipper in FC5. There were no problems installing the software, but when I run it, I get an error with a list of all of the dependencies. It appears that this version is not recognizing the other files. Thy may be out of sync. Anyone have any ideas??? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated.....

.....Stan

TFrog
27th March 2006, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure what the problem is with DVD::Rip under FC 5 but I have the same issue as you do. I'm hoping the developer has heard about this and is busy fixing the issue.

mpolo
4th April 2006, 11:50 AM
I managed to resolve all the dependencies, but it still hangs indefinately with the message:

[filterlist] (re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode...

This also occurs with the source distribution and installing via CPAN.

stan0934
5th April 2006, 08:30 PM
I read the fine print and noticed that FC5 does not have mp3 or dvd ripping and burning. I found that I have to convert mp3s to wav files and then burn them to a CD. I wonder why they even packaged the DVD Ripper......

-Stan :confused:

r1348
5th April 2006, 09:24 PM
In fact, they didn't: dvd::rip comes from some external repos like Livna or Freshrpms.
I use the Freshrpms one, it's way more updated and have no problems at all. To avoid the dependency problem, enter the program options and disable the NPTL workaround.

On the other hand, transcode 1.0.2 is giving some problems (tasks not closed) but it seem to be a code bug that will be fixed in release 1.1.0.

stan0934
6th April 2006, 04:25 AM
Are you using FC5 or 4. I had it running fine in 4. In 5, I installed the dvd::rip with all of the dependencies. When I iry to run the program, I get a long list of items it claims are not present, but they are. Have you heard of this?

-Stan

ljos
6th April 2006, 06:18 AM
After yum install perl-Video-DVDRip from Freshrpms I had the same problem.
>'(re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode...
I downloaded transcode.src.rpm and re-built without image magick - rpmbuild --without magick.
Then re-install dvd::rip.

mpolo
7th April 2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the tip. With the livna package, I had to edit the source to get rid of the --enable-imagemagick flag in the configuration. But after doing this, it works fine.

FireGunz
14th April 2006, 01:32 AM
Hi, does anyone know how to do the Setting for DVD::Rip in FC5....

As for me (Newbie) not that sure about it.... please help...

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5116/screenshot19fo.th.png (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5116/screenshot19fo.png)

that is File System for screenshot-1

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8093/screenshot25dw.th.png (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8093/screenshot25dw.png)

that also for CD burning for screenshot-2

and also how to rip the dvd... any gudie please.... :(

mpolo
19th April 2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah. This is a little problematic.... The DVD mount point is dynamically created (based on the volume label of the DVD that is currently inserted), so is potentially different every time you run the program. Someone thought this was a good idea, but I don't... To change this behavior, you need to edit your HAL configuration. Go to /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty and create a file called (for example) 95-dvddrive.fdi

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
<device>
<match key="block.device" string="/dev/hdc">
<match key="@block.storage_device:storage.model" string="MAT****ADVD-ROM SR-8586">
<merge key="volume.policy.desired_mount_point" type="string">cdrom</merge>
<merge key="volume.label" type="string">cdrom</merge>
</match>
</match>
</device>
</deviceinfo>

You will need to get the proper model name for your DVD (and if it's not hdc, change that line...), which you can find by looking in the Advanced tab of hal-device-manager (which you can run from the command line). It's like a Windows registry that doesn't allow changes, sort of. In any case, you should be able to find the correct identifying info for your DVD. Once you've saved that file, HAL should automatically start taking it into acount and mounting that drive in a dependable location, in this case, /media/cdrom.

You also need to create a directory (like ~/dvdrip) and indicate that instead of CHANGE_ME. Dvd::Rip will save everything there.

For the other page, to tell where your cdrecorer is, issue the following command from the command line:

cdrecord -scanbus

This will give you the 0,0,0 or 1,0,0 or whatever that you need to put in place of 0,X,0. The other error is probably because you haven't installed xcdroast, which provides it.

Once everything is working, you just say new project, and follow the menus one after another. (Since it's not finding your DVD right now, it doesn't look obvious, but I believe it will be obvious once you have the parameters the way it wants.)

Hope this helps.

r1348
19th April 2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah. This is a little problematic.... The DVD mount point is dynamically created (based on the volume label of the DVD that is currently inserted), so is potentially different every time you run the program. Someone thought this was a good idea, but I don't... To change this behavior, you need to edit your HAL configuration. Go to /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty and create a file called (for example) 95-dvddrive.fdi

Wait before modifying HAL, dvd::rip no longer look for a static mount path since version 0.97.7 and a new updated version will be soon pushed from FreshRPMs.

mpolo
20th April 2006, 08:22 AM
Wait before modifying HAL, dvd::rip no longer look for a static mount path since version 0.97.7 and a new updated version will be soon pushed from FreshRPMs.

On the other hand, if you're not using FreshRPMs, or just want to be able to use the program right now, you can safely make the change to HAL and then delete your added fdi if and when you want to go back to the default behavior. There are, of course, other reasons to want to know where your CD is without having to go through extra hoops. I personally LIKE knowing that it is always at /media/cdrom...

evans
21st May 2006, 02:05 PM
On the other hand, transcode 1.0.2 is giving some problems (tasks not closed) but it seem to be a code bug that will be fixed in release 1.1.0.

Do you think the bug you refer to here is giving me the problem I describe at

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=110195&highlight=transcode

Thanks!