PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the new clearlooks theme

felixs
24th March 2006, 09:27 AM
Hi all,

I just upgraded from FC 4 to FC 5 on my laptop. The only thing I can't stand is the new clearlooks theme. Generally speaking, I *really* like clearlooks but the new colors (and the color gradient) is /awful/ (IMHO). Is there an easy way to get the "old" look as it was in FC 4?

Looking at http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/en/rnusers.html, it seems that Redhat made some modifications with to the standard gnome theme. I really like to get the nice, dark blue default theme.

fs

SlowJet
24th March 2006, 09:55 AM
System, Preferrnces, Theme - click, click, click

SJ

felixs
24th March 2006, 10:27 AM
I know how to use /different/ themes and in fact, I tried some other themes but I want to have clearlooks but the old version where the window titles are dark blue (no color gradient), the scroll bars are gray and the window decoration buttons are squares. To rephrase it: I want to use the default Gnome clearlooks theme without Redhat modifications.

I can't find an item in the theme chooser which gives me that option although I would be *very* happy if I just overlooked something.
SlowJet: Can you give me the title of the item I should choose?

fs

SlowJet
24th March 2006, 10:37 AM
humm, I thoht you wanted Bluecurve?
Anyway, theme details button on the top right of the thems list.
There is a set of tabs to change the windows borders, colors, icons.
Otherwise, it's back to Gnome thems web site. :)

SJ

mit
24th March 2006, 10:41 AM
The Clearlook theme homepage

http://clearlooks.sourceforge.net/

felixs
24th March 2006, 10:54 AM
humm, I thoht you wanted Bluecurve?
Anyway, theme details button on the top right of the thems list.
There is a set of tabs to change the windows borders, colors, icons.

No, FC 4 default was (AFAIK) already Clearlooks and on my main desktop (still FC 4) I am using clearlooks which looks exactely like shown in the Gnome release notes for 2.14. And I want this look for FC 5.

I know that I can change the window decorations etc. but in my FC 5 dialog I can not specify the color but just pick the settings from another theme which is not what I want since there is no theme which looks like the default clearlooks in FC 4. For example the bluecurve window titles are not solid blue but have lines inside.

fs

felixs
24th March 2006, 10:55 AM
The Clearlook theme homepage

http://clearlooks.sourceforge.net/

Is it possible to install two different versions of Clearlooks at the same time?

And from the Clearlooks homepage - which download do I need?
# Clearlooks v0.6.2 source: clearlooks-0.6.2.tar.bz2
# Clearlooks v0.6 Metacity theme clearlooks-metacity-0.6.tar.gz

fs

felixs
24th March 2006, 11:15 AM
Okay, I used clearlooks-0.6.2.tar.bz2 and compiled manually into /usr, simply overwriting the FC 5 clearlooks which got me mostly what I wanted (manually set the symbols to bluecurve). Quite hacky, maybe someone will be bothered enough to create a simple installable theme...