Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th March 2006, 07:37 PM
mongenix Offline

FC4 System Freezes / Hangs

Saw several posts about unpredictable system hangs and I also had this problem. Just found that a USB keyboard I was using could be causing the hangs .. at least this is what it looks like at this point.
I loaded FC4 using a standard ps2 kb and then rebooted with a USB kb. All looked to work ok but had strange system hangs. Replaced the USB Keyboard with a standard ps2 and no hangs for 2 days. Shutdown, replaced the ps2 with the USB and within 1 hour, my system hung. Now without further testing, there is no way to confirm this is the problem, and I will continue to test and update. Please let me know if anyone has or had this probem.

Or for you guru's out there, does this look like a reasonable conclusion? Could FC4 be trying to load the keyboard as a block device or what ever???

Tags
fc4, freezes, hangs

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On