Greetings and salutations ...
I originially posted this over in hardware ... BUT ... it might make more sense here, so please pardon my blundering around while i get the lay of the land.
First - my system:
FC 4 x86 64bit (installed from CD)
Motherboard: Tyan Thunder K8SE
Processor: Dual AMD Operton dual cores
keyboard: plain PS2 style old dell keyboard in good shape
mouse: old microsoft mouse in good shape
1. Network was not configured by install
2. Keyboard goes dead when you log into kDE or GNOME
1. Install appears to go fine
2. From the login screen ... i can <ctrl>+<alt>+<f1> to a terminal, and terminal works fine (once i login to GNOME or KDE this doesn't work anymore)
3. I can login to FAILSAFE TERMINAL and type fine
4. I can log into KDE or GNOME using the keyboard
5. Once in GNOME or KDE, keyboard is dead. mouse continues to be fine.
6. If I logout from GNOME, the keyboard stays dead until i reboot
7. Unplugging and replugging the keyboard is no good ... must restart.
I have tried 4 different keyboards, including PS2 and USB connections. All confirmed good by other machines.
You guessed it ... i am noob ... making my way into a MS free world.