Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th January 2006, 12:54 PM
pamount Offline

Installing older versions of Apache and MySQL

Hello

I don't know how to install Apache 1.3.34 from the Apache_1.3.34.tar.gz file that I downloaded. Plus I want to download and install mysql 4.0.24 as well as PHP 4.3.x onto Fedora Core 4. I notice the Package Management only installs the latest versions of these. What's the best way to install these older versions of these programs?

I had the Windows versions working OK on my Windows hard drive but that's starting to give me blue screens more frequently. I need these older versions because my client's PHP web site is on a server with these older versions and I want to develop and test the web site in as similar an environment as possible.

I've got this awful feeling this problem with the blue screens on my Windows hard drive is finally going to push me into using Linux full time at home but it's come at a very awkward time as I need to work on that PHP web site.

Thanks

pamount

Tags
apache, installing, mysql, older, versions

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules