Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th January 2006, 04:30 AM
Bonboe Offline

Wink Local file sharing Samba and WinME

Samba and winME can't be 'filesharing' like winME and winPX, can they ?
I am unable to get my samba to connect to winME. Both are clients, none of them are adjusted to act as a server to the other, because I think I still want something just as simple as winME and winPX local filesharing.
Thanks
Old 24th January 2006, 04:40 AM
GallComp Offline
Nuke 'em Alfred! Administrator - Starring in Bill & Steve's Bogus Journey

Windows doesn't play well with others (as a point of view), altought it has a fairly simple way of sharing resources between windows OS's, the comunication with other Operative systems its always hard, no wonder most of you hate it.... Maybe a dedicated partition (one that both windows and Linux can access to place/get files) could solve your problem...
Old 24th January 2006, 12:17 PM
Bonboe Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallComp
Windows doesn't play well with others (as a point of view), altought it has a fairly simple way of sharing resources between windows OS's, the comunication with other Operative systems its always hard, no wonder most of you hate it.... Maybe a dedicated partition (one that both windows and Linux can access to place/get files) could solve your problem...
No...no....I personally never dislike windows. I never want to say 'hate' to express such a presonal describable emotion to anything/anyone.
My currently used computer has got only 20G, and I can't make a dual boot. I still think there is a way for samba and my WinME to have a sharing 'pipe'.

Would anyone please try it out and post the result, not necessarily winME, another version might be a better choice ? I did but failed...

Tags
file, local, samba, sharing, winme