Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th November 2005, 11:06 AM
PabloEscobar Offline

Smile The best thing I've done in a long time :)

This is my little testimonial about Fedora.
I used to be a strong Micro$oft OS user for years - Dos, Win95, Win98, WinMe, Win 2000, WinNT, WinXP - used'em all. I was never satisfied with the Win, because it was simply lacking in terms of stability (BSOD), security (gotta love spyware). I also didn't feel comfortable not knowing what the system was doing and being treated by an OS as a 3 year old child.
About 6 months ago someone told me that Linux got more user friendly. I visited distrowatch, checked the ratings and my choice went with Ubuntu. One day later, I've started my love affair with Gnome
I was a happy little noob, started to find out more about Linux, the way system handles things, what's a kernel, module, work around in CLI. The more I got into Linux the more it devoured me, the more I learned the less I booted XP.
Ubuntu (don't get me wrong - I don't want to start a flame war here) is a fine distro - to get to know the system. But it didn't felt right FOR ME. Nautilus crashed sometimes without the reason, packages were poorly tested. I've said to myself - time to explore.
After a lot of browsing I decided to go with Fedora, and I'm gratefull to some web article that made me do that choice. I don't have time to mess too much with my OS - Slackware, Gentoo (work, etc).

FC is pure class :
1. Stable as a rock
2. New packages
3. Fast
4. Yum is fine when You get to know it.

Just wanted to greet everyone on this great forum I've been browsing for a while.
I'm a Fedora newbie (2 weeks), but I'm loving every second of using FC
Old 7th November 2005, 01:25 PM
RahulSundaram Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEscobar
This is my little testimonial about Fedora.
I used to be a strong Micro$oft OS user for years - Dos, Win95, Win98, WinMe, Win 2000, WinNT, WinXP - used'em all. I was never satisfied with the Win, because it was simply lacking in terms of stability (BSOD), security (gotta love spyware). I also didn't feel comfortable not knowing what the system was doing and being treated by an OS as a 3 year old child.
About 6 months ago someone told me that Linux got more user friendly. I visited distrowatch, checked the ratings and my choice went with Ubuntu. One day later, I've started my love affair with Gnome
I was a happy little noob, started to find out more about Linux, the way system handles things, what's a kernel, module, work around in CLI. The more I got into Linux the more it devoured me, the more I learned the less I booted XP.
Ubuntu (don't get me wrong - I don't want to start a flame war here) is a fine distro - to get to know the system. But it didn't felt right FOR ME. Nautilus crashed sometimes without the reason, packages were poorly tested. I've said to myself - time to explore.
After a lot of browsing I decided to go with Fedora, and I'm gratefull to some web article that made me do that choice. I don't have time to mess too much with my OS - Slackware, Gentoo (work, etc).

FC is pure class :
1. Stable as a rock
2. New packages
3. Fast
4. Yum is fine when You get to know it.

Just wanted to greet everyone on this great forum I've been browsing for a while.
I'm a Fedora newbie (2 weeks), but I'm loving every second of using FC

It feels wonderful to get happy users onboard as a Fedora user. Welcome and enjoy your stay

If you would like to send more feedback and communicate with the community

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate

In response to a recent request for user testimonials,

http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/inde..._News_Issue_20

there is now a recent thread in the forum,

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=83525

Yours has been added to the list

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Market...erTestimonials
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:41 PM
hawaye Offline

Thanks for sharing your experience, Fedora is a great Forum i like too and its helping me hope to learn new things on this community.

Edit: Advertising and links removed from post to comply with the Guidelines. - Bob
Old 23rd September 2008, 02:03 PM
LDC Offline

I said this many times: fedora is rock solid. This week I've tested five of the latest releases of others distros, well none was solid as fedora (which was the last standing, and thus remained on the hdd).
Problems eventually arises when people start tinkering too much, but that cannot be addressed as fedora's fault.
Of course there are things that can be improved, but that is exactly the reason I like it.

welcome on the forum

Linux Registered User #476391
Old 23rd September 2008, 02:14 PM
Demz

Welcome to the forum an hope you enjoy the Forum, also bare in Mind Fedora has a IRC channel on Freenode to,, Noted on my Signature so you can also get help there also