Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd November 2005, 06:30 PM
pfreire Offline

promise fasttrak sx4060 and fedora core 3

Hi,

I think this is an old matter but I hav a recent problem

I am trying to install an sx4060 in fedora 3. I got the parcial open source driver from the sx4m and compiled it with kernel 2.6.9-1.667smp.
The driver seems to be working ok. I create the raid5 array in BIOS, in fedora insert modules scsi_mod and FastTrak.ko and the device is seen (in my case as /dev/sda )
I am then able to create partitions, filesystems and mount them.

I can remove one of the disks and the array keeps working - fine.

My problem appears when I destroy the contents of one of the disks. The array isn't automatically rebuilt!!! There is an utility - sxcslapp that is used to do some advanced tasks (I suppose rebuilds, expands, etc) but when I run it in fedora with kernel 2.6 it just says that could not find the driver (although the array is working)

Have anyone saw this problem before ?
Old 23rd August 2006, 01:34 PM
genya_k Offline

Driver request

Hi pfreire!

I am also trying to setup Promise FastTrak SX4060 on Fedora Core 4.
However, I have minimal background on developing device drivers so I am not sure how to modify the partial code from the Promise website.
Is it possible to have a copy of the driver you used that was compiled on Fedora Core 3?
I hope you could reply soon because I need to be able to setup our file server immediately.

(To the others: unfortunately, I have no choice as to the board model that our server came with.
It was provided as a package, and we chose not to use Windows OS because we require more than 20 connections simultaneously.)

Thank you.
Malis

Tags
core, fasttrak, fedora, promise, sx4060