Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th October 2005, 12:09 AM
Supa Troopa Offline

Lightbulb Can't copy large files?

First off, I am runing Fedora Core 4 with all the yum updates. I have Three hard drives and I am having an issue with one of them. Here is my lay out.

1. Windows Hard Drive
2. Linux Hard Drive
3. File Hard Drive

I just recently formated the 100 gig #3 File Hard Drive so I could be able tow rite to it in linux. I just recently got a movie on the computer and it is about 690mb. I copied the movie over to the hard drive and it copied over jsut fine. I went to burn the file to CD this morning and about 115mb through the file burning, it stopped and said I had an input/output error. So I tried to copy the file over from that hard drive to my linux hard drive to burn it form the linux drive, and at 115mb, it said the same thing. The video works just fine, and I can watch it without any interuption from the #3 hard drive, but I can't copy it or burn it to anything. Is this possibly because the hard drive is so large that fat32 can not handle it? Or do I ahve something wrong with my fstab entry for automatic boot? Here is my fstab entry:

Code:
/dev/hdd5               /mnt/server             vfat    rw,exec,umask=0000  0 0
please help me out, thank you.
Old 13th October 2005, 12:35 AM
Supa Troopa Offline

ok............ when I try to watch the movie all the way through..... it stops... but if I press plays.. it keeps going...

ok guys nevermind.. something is wrong with the file. I don't know what though because I was able to copy it to the other hard drive after I downloaded it.... but not vice versa.. sorry.. I suppose cloes the thread? thanks though

Last edited by Supa Troopa; 13th October 2005 at 12:37 AM.

Tags
copy, files, large