Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th October 2005, 08:35 PM
Kaya Saman Offline

Network not responsive?

I have recently updated Fedora Core 3 using up2date!

However now my connection to the internet is lost? .........Well not 100%! - I have an IP address?

My LAN connection eth0 is given an IP address on IPv4 but in the Network Tools program under devices it has IPv6 and under the scope tab its saying Link- I don't know if it thinks that its connected under IP version 6 or if this is normal?

Anyway back to the problem:- After installing FC3 it installed the 2.6.9-1.667 kernal and my internet was fully functional!

I then decided to update everything (this was a full install of FC3 were all packages were installed!) and afterwards my internet didn't work.

Whenever I boot Firefox or any other browser and type a URL nothing happens

I have checked and re-checked my LAN settings and everything is fine and normal - set to auto obtain IP via DHCP and auto DNS.

I have also tried booting the old kernal but is the same situation now - as it is in my new kernal (2.6.12-1.1378_FC3)

also both loop back and eth0 are active.

Kaya

Tags
network, responsive