Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th September 2005, 02:55 PM
lloydchristmas9 Offline

Blank Screen during installation

Hi there, dont know if anyone can shed any light on what i might be doing wrong, trying to install FC4 ppc onto a powermac g5, when i hold down the c key on boot up it merely comes up with a grey screen? have tried this booting from the dvd and also from an iso of the boot cd. can anyone help?

Thanks
Old 29th September 2005, 01:54 AM
nvmkpk Offline

What do you mean by holding down? May be you are looking to modify command line. If so, just press c key (and not hold down). Try pressing enter at the prompt.
Old 2nd October 2005, 11:12 PM
lloydchristmas9 Offline

when i turn the computer on and try pressing c (without holding down) to choose boot from cd, it just boots straight into mac osx. if i instead hold the c key down when turning it on, the cd drive makes sounds as if it is being accessed but the screen is simply grey with no command line?
Old 16th October 2005, 08:11 AM
nvmkpk Offline

Are you getting the grub menu when you boot from hard disc?

Tags
blank, installation, screen