MAKING A BACK UP FOR EVOLUTION 2.* in FC4.
--- This procedure works for save information from Evolution 2.* to Evolution 2.* ---
In order to backup the personal information stored in evolution (Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks), just copy this directory to any desired location where you want to save it.
This can be done in several ways. The next one could be the easiest one.
1) Open your default file browser.
2) Go to "home folder".
3) Choose "Show Hidden Files" from the "View" menu
4) Drag the folder ".evolution" to your backup folder.
Just in case, it is recomended export the information of all contacts in the vcard format (.vcf). This because the data is stored in a Bekerley database (addressbook.db) which is hard to recover.
1) Open evolution and check the release you got
Menu "help" / "About Evolution ..."
2) Close all your evolution windows
3) Open the Terminal and type:
Note. Type the right number of your release
4) Close the Terminal
5) In the file browser, overwrite
with your copy the file of your backup.
6) Open Evolution and check the integrity of your data.