Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th August 2005, 08:28 PM
skarb Offline

X hangs from time to time after installing FC4

Hello. I have trouble after installing FC4. Everything works, but from time to time graphic desktop hangs - keyboard and mouse are completely dead, but system is still available via network - and if I kill -9 X, and restart desktop, everything is fine

There is a problem with X, because when desktop hangs, X consumes all CPU. And, additionally, sometimes I have vertical stripes on display, or other ugly patterns.

My hardware is Duron 1000 / 256MB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX. Doesn't matter if I use open driver (nv) or proprietary NVIDIA driver (nvidia)

Also downgrading xorg to 6.7 and upgrading kernel to 2.6.12 didn't help

Is this problem with glibc or something? Help, I'm desperated! In FC2 everything worked perfectly!

Tags
fc4, hangs, installing, time

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On