Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th August 2005, 12:31 AM
wrightjj Offline

printer dilemma

Here's the thing, my mom had a Canon Multipass F60, and she had a dell running XP. The printer died, I think a board went bad on it or something. Then her computer basically died also, she had a guy come and reinstall XP with SP2. She bought a new printer, an Epson, and got it to work fine. Now, she bought another Multipass F60 off ebay because she had $500 or so in ink cartridges that she couldn't return. But I couldn't get Windows to recognize that it was there at all. Nothing! So I took it back to school with me where I'm running FC3, thinking maybe it had something to do with SP2. But Fedora will not recognize it either. It's a copy/scan/printer all-in-oner, and the copy parts works, which is independent from the computer. Anyone have any ideas? Do you think it could be a bad USB wire, or maybe the board is fried inside. Also, I looked around Fedora for a while and they have some drivers for a Multipass 5500, but nothing for F60. How do I go about getting drivers for this printer?
Old 27th August 2005, 12:58 AM
Hitman1 Offline

This printer is not compatible with linux so dont waste your time trying to get it to work on fedora. but to check whether or not the printer is funcitonal at all, when you plug it on linux, type: lsusb
you should have something like this:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04a9:261e Canon, Inc.

If no Canon is listed, then your printer hardware is not working for sure because linux can atleast detect it is a canon.

Good luck
Old 27th August 2005, 02:55 AM
wrightjj Offline

i tried that and nothing came up. wow, that really sucks. thanks for the help.

Tags
dilemma, printer