Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th August 2005, 03:07 AM
green lantern Offline

Angry Trouble recognizing old 17" CRT monitor

I am trying to install Fedora on a HP LH4 Server with a Cirrus Logic 5446 video card and using and old 17" I got with a Quantex computer years ago. I think I've tracked down that this is a DTK DE-770 KAW model. But there is no such choice in the Fedora monitor choices. I've tried using Generic 640x480 and 800x600 but both produce a screwed up screen. Luckily if I keep hitting Ctl-Alt-F7 and or other Funtion keys eventually I get a usable display. Don't ask me why. Can anyone help?
Old 12th August 2005, 08:20 AM
Saint Mike Offline

All you need for a monitor is to tell the computer its vertical and horizontal sync, look up your monitor and try find this, might also be on the back, then edit /etc/X11/xorg/xorg.conf and look in the monitor section and make sure the values match.

If that dosnt fix it the problem would be your GPU i rekon

hope that helps somewhat :/
Main PC Os: FC15, Win7 CPU: Intel i7-2600K Ram: 2x4 gig DDR3 1600C7 Video card: Nvidia EVGA GTX570-OC

Tags
crt, monitor