Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th August 2005, 12:39 PM
tryder Offline

compaq presario v2310us

I have install fc4 64bit on this laptop and managed to get the video resolution to 1280x768 with the firegl drivers, but hardware accel doesn't work. The Broadcom wireless driver doesn't work either. The 32 bit driver picks up the hardware but won't load for obvious reasons and the 64bit driver doesn't detect the hardware. I am using ndiswrapper to load the driver. Has any gotten any of this to work?

Tim Ryder
Old 8th August 2005, 02:47 PM
BrokenKingpin Offline

I also have a Compaq Presario with the same hardware. When I first installed FC4 on it I had the exact same problems. After 5 hours of Googling I found that a lot of the problems were do to an outdated BIOS. Mine was v.11, when the newest out is v.35. Compaq has a driver page where you can download the newest BIOS (has to be installed threw Windows though. After you download it, unplug your mouse and double click the .exe and you will have the new BIOS. Re-install FC4 and everything will be working except the wireless. There are good tutorials on the net for getting this to work with ndiswrapper with your exact laptop…use Google to fond them. Hope this helps.
Registered Linux User: #393158
I AM ADDICTED TO LINUX :D
Old 8th August 2005, 04:56 PM
tryder Offline

My bios is the newest version which is currently 2.06. What video driver are you using, any chance you could post you xorg.conf file. Thanx in advance.

Tim Ryder
Old 8th August 2005, 07:32 PM
jeffk42 Offline

Check out this thread: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...ad.php?t=67401

In my first post there I have included the 64-bit drivers for Broadcom chips. Try those out and let us know if that works.

What video card do you have? If it's NVidia, have you tried installing the drivers off of the NVidia website? The default NVidia driver in FC4 doesn't support hardware acceleration.
Registered Linux User: #391297
Photographs
Old 8th August 2005, 10:51 PM
tryder Offline

My video card is the ati radeon xpress m200 igp. The 64 bit drivers don't pick up the card.

Tim Ryder
Old 9th August 2005, 01:42 PM
BrokenKingpin Offline

I would post my xorg.conf file but my laptop is at the computer shop getting all the dust cleaned out of it. Sorry I can't be of more help at this time.
Registered Linux User: #393158
I AM ADDICTED TO LINUX :D

Tags
compaq, presario, v2310us