Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th July 2005, 04:59 PM
Noobe_r6quick Offline

wireless monitor mode... wlan not eth0

Hello All-

I have been battling with my Orinoco card all morning... I run FC3 2.6.11 and using an Orinoco gold wireless card. So heres the skinny. The iwconfig see's my card, but doesn’t recognize it as a wlan but as eth0. I know that its possible to monitor with this card, I just cant configure it correctly to do so. I'm also using the wlanng driver for the card. Its really weird, I mean I guess what my direct question is how do I tell the machine to see the card as wlan and not eth0. any other information that you feel would help please include, and more information is available upon request... Thanks a bunch.

noobe_I_still_am
Old 29th July 2005, 05:25 PM
griM Offline

hi Noobe_r6quick,
there should be a file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts called ifcfg-eth0. rename and edit this file. make a backup before. after editing you can controll with system-config-network. maybe this solves your problem.

greetings, grim

Tags
eth0, mode, monitor, wireless, wlan

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search