Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th June 2005, 09:02 PM
jeromeplank Offline

FC4 Noobish Question

Sorry if this is a dumb question; I'm a linux noob trying to make the switch from XP. Is it possible to add an item to the panel in FC4 that will start terminal in a specified directory? Like with one click on the icon the terminal pops up and you're already cd into /usr/bin or whatever. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2005, 11:38 PM
kg4cbk Offline

right click on the panel and select add to panel.

Select custom launcher

In the custom launcher put nautilus /tmp (or whatever directory you want to bring up).

Save the launcher.

Click on the new launcher.
Old 19th June 2005, 01:17 AM
VStrider Offline

Location: 1 to Rule All way, Moria Gate, Middle Earth, SAU 70N
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeplank
Sorry if this is a dumb question; I'm a linux noob trying to make the switch from XP. Is it possible to add an item to the panel in FC4 that will start terminal in a specified directory? Like with one click on the icon the terminal pops up and you're already cd into /usr/bin or whatever. Thanks in advance.
I was quite sure I found something like this a while back, but I couldn't remember where. I looked through a ton of bookmarks and...looks like you're in luck.

Maybe this is what you need?
You'll find many scripts there, like terminal-here, command-prompt-here, root-terminal-here etc.

Tags
fc4, noobish, question