Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th June 2005, 06:19 AM
abelard Offline

FC4 installation crash - tmp/loop0 full

I'm trying to upgrade FC3 to FC4. The installation goes smoothly until shortly after starting to read disk 2, whereupon it crashes while trying to upgrade xorg-x11-6.8.2-31.i386. It gives a message indicating the error is fatal and may be caused by lack of space or defective media.

The disks have passed the media check twice. I note that the latest xorg version on the install disk is xorg-x11-6.8.1-12.i386.

df -k shows filesystem /tmp/loop0 is 100% full with 196808 1K blocks. The FC4 kernel is now the only installation present, and it fails to start X; I can only get in via the recovery console.

Suggestions? Thanks...

rj
Old 17th June 2005, 05:48 PM
kbellve Offline

I am getting the same problem with disk 2 but it is trying to install kdepims.

However, disk 2 checks out. I also installed via FTP and it fails at the same location which rules out a cdrom problem.

I think a loop device will be 100% full. That isn't where the problem is.
Old 17th June 2005, 08:18 PM
kbellve Offline

using ide=nodma help

So, when you get the prompt after booting from CD 1, type: "linux ide=nodma"

Tags
crash, fc4, installation, tmp or loop0