Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st December 2003, 07:02 PM
Andrew McKinlay Offline

can't change refresh rate

I'm running Fedora on a Dell 2400 with a Daytek DT-95P monitor. After some messing around, I managed to get different resolutions working, but I can't seem to change the refresh rate. Preferences > Screen Resolution and xrandr both report 85hz but my monitor (and my eyes) say 60hz. I even tried adding Modeline's generated with videogen to my XF86Config but it didn't help. My monitor specs are setup properly (I think).
Old 17th December 2003, 01:21 AM
Avatraxiom Offline

Most monitors will tell you their refresh rate on their On Screen Display (that's brought up when you try to change the monitor's front-panel settings). What does the OSD say?

XFree86 sets your refresh rate automatically to the highest possible. It's possible that you're sering more blinking because the colors are different -- more white tends to make monitor flaws more obvious.

-M
Old 17th December 2003, 02:17 PM
Andrew McKinlay Offline

I'm am using the OSD to see what the refresh rate really is (it's 60hz)

From what I've learnt elsewhere, this is a problem with i810 / 845g - no one seems to have an answer.

Using the "vesa" driver instead of the "i810" driver helps some, but there are still problems.

Tags
change, rate, refresh