Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th June 2005, 07:36 PM
drews project Offline

Exclamation First boot won't go past...

First boot won't go past initializing hardware storage network, then it stops and doesnt do anything after that. This is in a fresh install of fedora 4.
Old 13th August 2005, 04:16 AM
cederstrom Offline

I am having the same problem right now. The boot freezes at initializing hardware... storage network, I replaced my old 30gb HD with a 120 gb HD. I have read a lot of posts on the
storage network' problem. People have said to disable USB in BIOS and unplugging any USB devices. I have tried both workarounds but does not work.

If anyone has some suggestions please post.

Thanks
Old 13th August 2005, 05:09 AM
cederstrom Offline

I have left the computer on, testing initializing hardware network storage passes or takes a long time.

If that doesn't work. Next I am going to remove the firewire card check if the problem could also be with a firewire pci card.

sigh.... :sad:
Old 13th August 2005, 05:41 AM
cederstrom Offline

I am having the same problem right now. The boot freezes at initializing hardware... storage network, I replaced my old 30gb HD with a 120 gb HD. I have read a lot of posts on the
storage network' problem. People have said to disable USB in BIOS and unplugging any USB devices. I have tried both workarounds but does not work.

If anyone has some suggestions please post.

I have left the computer on, testing initializing hardware network storage passes or takes a long time.

If that doesn't work. Next I am going to remove the firewire card check if the problem could also be with a firewire pci card.

I have left the computer on for 30 minutes and its still hanging... Could there be a hardware problem or malfunction...

thanks

Tags
boot, past