Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Other Versions > EOL (End Of Life) Versions
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

EOL (End Of Life) Versions This is a Forum to discuss problems and workarounds for versions of Fedora that have passed End of Life.

Old 6th June 2005, 08:30 PM
digitalhuman Offline

Arrow FC3 installation Proliant DL360 G4 Fails to boot after installation

He there,

Im not realy having problems installing FC3 on my 2 NEW Proliant DL360 G4 servers . It just doesn't boot. Normally, you have to set Proliant Servers to the OS you are about to install. But this one, say's: "You don't need to select an OS" ......... Wierd though, but ok. Installation go's fine, on the SCSI U320 Raid 0-1 controller. FC3 detects my 73 GB drives and installation and partitioning go's without any error.

Then finally its say's: "Reboot to finish installation". It reboots....... But after the screen with the F9, F10 and F12 (PSX and System maintanance screen) it tells me, booting from C:............ But FC3 is never booting.

I realy don't know what to do next so i hope you can tell me what to do ? I tryed almost every thing, except dropping it from the 9th floor.

No error, no message. Just booting from C: is all i get. Thanks in advance for you help.

Kind regard,

Digital Human

Last edited by digitalhuman; 6th June 2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 6th June 2005, 08:40 PM
bytesniper Offline

is that one of those boxes that have the 'diagnotic' partition at the very beginning of the drive? about the fist 20mb or so.. i used to have to deal with those and they install a custom bootloader so that diagnotic partition will work and if you ordered that server with windows then its bootloader looks for a bootable OS on c:. i am not going to swear to this 100%, but with the compaq's i converted over to linux/bsd i have to completely remove that diagnotic partition and install grub to the boot sector, but dont do this unless you are completely sure you know what your doing.
Old 12th June 2005, 04:14 AM
Auss Offline

Hi
I have the same problem with ProLiant 1600, The installtion process stops after the recognizing the monitor, but if i using the text mode it will continue, but the system dont start
I think the problem is the VGA card (Sirrus Logic 1 MB)
Old 14th June 2005, 04:33 PM
Vulcan Offline

Boot with the Rescue-Disc. Then chroot to the installation. cat /etc/grub.conf.

check boot=/dev/cciss/c0d0 or similar.

Then just "grub-install /dev/cciss/c0d0"

That worked for me (I had to do a very quick replacement of a Server and runned into this)
Old 14th January 2006, 11:15 AM
badnerone Offline

I've same problem of digitalhuman with a Proliant ML350 G4 SMART ARRAY 641 with 3 raid5 disks. At moment I've replaced FC3 with FC4 and all seem work fine.

Tags
boot, dl360, fails, fc3, installation, proliant