Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th May 2005, 06:43 AM
mick-porter Offline

php [mail function] help

I have configured postfix on my fedora core 3 server and I want to know how to make it so php uses the postfix sendmail wrapper instead of sendmail for sending mail but the weird thing is is everything I have seen about postfix says it replaces the file php uses but fedora installed them both default so where is the postfix sendmail wrapper or what do I change the sendmail_path to in php.ini

mick
Old 28th May 2005, 07:40 AM
EdyCorak Offline

Good Morning Mick,

when you have configured the postfix mail server then run system-config-mail and choose postfix as your default
mail server.

Note, when you have enabled SELinux for Apache maybe you will see many AVC denied messages in your logs

You can disable SELinux for Apache or use PEAR mail function http://www.php.net/ this works without any problems.

You don't need to change your php.ini while you use postfix

Best regards
Old 28th May 2005, 09:15 AM
mick-porter Offline

wait what???

how do I run system-config-mail and does that mean like the system directory then the config director etc. or what???

Max
Old 28th May 2005, 09:22 AM
EdyCorak Offline

Sorry i meen system-switch-mail

Regards
Old 28th May 2005, 09:56 AM
bitrain Offline

Type system-switch-mail in the terminal. Select postfix in the window that opens, then press ok. Then go to menu -> system settings -> security level (or system-config-securitylevel in the terminal) and go to the 2nd tab (SElinux). You can turn SELinux completely off, or only for some services, make sure apache has no mark in the box and click ok. (maybe there is postfix too, then disselect it too).

Laptop: Nec Versa p550, Pentium M 1.86GHz, 1024MB ram, x300, 80 GB HD, bluetooth, 2915BG Wlan card
Desktop: Amd Athlon x2 4200+, 2GB ram, Geforce 7300GT 512MB silent, 160GB HD in a nice centurion 534 case :cool:
Old 28th May 2005, 06:20 PM
mick-porter Offline

is there anyway to do this without a GUI

I am doing all of this remotely is there a way to do all of the things you were talking about but all in the terminal no GUI.

Mick

Last edited by mick-porter; 28th May 2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 28th May 2005, 06:23 PM
mick-porter Offline

half-way done

ok so I used the first command and changed the MTA and the second one to change the Security Level but that will only let me change the iptables ports to allow and stuff there is no list of things to protect or not. Also could someone post a script that would send an email that just saying testing 123 or something like that so I can make sure the mail() function works correctly.

Mick

Last edited by mick-porter; 28th May 2005 at 06:31 PM.

Tags
function, mail, php