Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th November 2003, 09:09 PM
jwb Offline

Fedora Art

I was looking at my fresh new Fedora install, and I thought "Hmmmm.... how about more wallpaper and eye candy that's Fedora specific?"

Some questions:

What font is "Fedora" written in?

Is there a Fedora logo in the works? I've seen the blue "F"...... wonder if there's anything a little flashier?

Does Fedora use the Gnome palette?

If I were a programmer, I'd try to contribute that way. But I'm not much of a programmer (unless you want a simple Perl script or two) but I like goofing around with wallpaper, icons and logos.

Anyone seen any good resources? Wallpaper? Whatever?

I like the BlueCurve stuff.... still, it would be nice to see some "Blue Hat" stuff too.
Old 15th November 2003, 09:31 PM
jwb Offline

There's a great BlueCurve theme for Mozilla, called MozCurveBlue, at http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/gavindi/. It really makes Mozilla fit in with the rest of the RH/Fedora artwork.

Hopefully it will make it into a Fedora release at some point.
Old 29th November 2003, 08:51 PM
ken Offline

Maybe you should visit this site, and contact some of the people listed there, they could tell ya what you need. I think there's even a mailing list dedicated to it! Hope that helps, and thanks for the link to the Bluecurve theme, it looks great.

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/artwork/
Old 1st December 2003, 02:29 PM
jwb Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken
Maybe you should visit this site, and contact some of the people listed there, they could tell ya what you need. I think there's even a mailing list dedicated to it! Hope that helps, and thanks for the link to the Bluecurve theme, it looks great.

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/artwork/
Yeah- been there, joined the list. ;-)

Judging from the response I've gotten (none), no one is interested in backgrounds.

I'll just sit over in the corner and pout now.

I really do wonder what font "Fedora" is in on the default background.
Old 2nd December 2003, 12:24 PM
sagefire Offline

hats

You may know about TheUrge's bluehat icon replacement, also in this forum.

Well, how about taking a blue hat pic and cutting it so most of the hat is on the screen. Enough of it would be there to let you know it was a fedora, but not the whole thing.

It's an evolutionary concept, like Fedora itself. Fedora is not RH9, so the red is gone, but the hat is still there. I think you can take this hat folds idea, and move toward fractal patterns based on the hat folds. Over time, it could move to other colors and such.

I think it's a logical starting point. What do you think?
Old 9th December 2003, 10:27 PM
ken Offline

I am quite interested in backgrounds, and the bluehat idea and such, so I checked out all the fonts that came with Fedora, and it's not there, sry. :?
Old 10th December 2003, 03:00 PM
sagefire Offline

colors and themes

|Jef| on #fedora had a cool idea

The Main Menu hat should follow the color of the theme. One way to do this would be to dupe the bluecurve iconrc and just make reference to different hats that match the bluecurve variant themes, but there is a more advanced idea...

How about dynamically tinting the hat based on the theme by calling to image magic?
[this is technically beyond me, but I thought I would post the idea here to see what you all thought]

steven
Old 23rd December 2003, 06:15 AM
Avatraxiom Offline

By the way, if you search either the fedora-devel-list or the fedora-list archives at http://listman.redhat.com, Garrett LeSage (who does the art for Red Hat) mentioned what font "Fedora" is in, somewhat recently, IIRC.

-M
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:01 PM
knstreeter Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatraxiom
By the way, if you search either the fedora-devel-list or the fedora-list archives at http://listman.redhat.com, Garrett LeSage (who does the art for Red Hat) mentioned what font "Fedora" is in, somewhat recently, IIRC.
I took the time to do the above search for Garrett's message and figured I'd share what I found just in case others are interested, too... From the thread at https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedo.../msg00012.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett LeSage
It's a somewhat tweaked version of Myriad Bold Italic with modified kerning and tweaked "F" and "d" characters.
Old 7th December 2010, 04:54 PM
swejap Offline

linuxubuntuchrome
Re: Fedora Art

Been looking for the font as well to use with a fedora spin I'm working on. Is there no where to download the font?

Edit: damn, didn't notice this thread was 4 years old! Found the font, its called MgOpen Modata

Last edited by swejap; 7th December 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 7th December 2010, 05:07 PM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

windows_xp_2003firefox

Started 7 years ago.

Go ahead and start a new thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite / Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73 GHz / 2GB / 160GB / Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/943/940GML Integrated Graphics
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / 1TB SATA / 500GB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 7th December 2010, 05:11 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

LOL! Ayup! Necrotic for sure! <....>

Thread closed.
Closed Thread