Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th May 2005, 09:00 AM
fweeee Offline

AverMedia AverTV DVB-T 771 wont install/detect

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of fedora (2.6.11-1.14_FC3), which to my knowledge has drivers for my TV tuner card (AverMedia AverTV DVB-T 771).

However, it wont detect, and appear in the /dev/dvb area (there is no /dev/dvb directory). However. lsmod shows that it is there.

But, when I go into mythtv, it cant see any dvb tv tuners.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I make fedora see it?

Please help.

Thanks.
Old 12th June 2005, 07:23 AM
Beast Offline

I have the same problem, have you found a solution yet fweeee?
Old 12th June 2005, 01:35 PM
fweeee Offline

Beast,

I received a reply in another forum I replied to - which pointed me to another forum entry. This is at:
http://www.pvrguide.no-ip.com/bbs/in...showtopic=4927

I only looked at this tonight. I have tried to work it out for a few minutes, but havnt got it yet (Trying to sort out what I nee and what I dont, as I want to install it in FC3, not FC2). If I have some success, I'll let you know how I did it (and I hope you'll do the same).

Tags
771, avermedia, avertv, dvbt, install or detect