From the announcement:
Linux OS Solution for CD/DVD Burning
Register your Nero 6 Reloaded Version Today and get NeroLINUX for FREE!.
What is NeroLINUX?
NeroLINUX is a comprehensive, yet flexible application provided you have some prior knowledge of CD/DVD technologies. Here's some additional information assist you:
* NeroLINUX uses NeroAPI for low-level operations (burn process)
* Autodetection and support for all types of internal CD and DVD recorders supported by NeroAPI 6.6
* Autodetection and support for all types of external CD and DVD recorders connected to the USB port and supported by
* Kernel optimizations
* Ultra Buffer support
* Supports hot plug for external USB devices, without any application restart
* Stores and reloads compilations in XML format
* Fully compatible with FreeDB, to automatically get disc information over the Internet
* Supports the new 2.6 IDE driver interface (non SCSI emulation)
* Audio encoding and decoding done on the fly, using external utilities (mpg123, ogg123)
* Supports 2.4 and 2.6 kernel flavors
* Provided as RPM or Debian package for easy installation
* NeroLINUX is able to burn the following formats
* Data CDs/DVDs (ISO9660, UDF and UDF/ISO9660 Bridge)
* Bootable CDs/DVDs using the El-Torito standard
* Audio CDs (CD TEXT Infos can be added)
* Mix Mode CDs
* Enhanced CDs (CD EXTRA)
* CD and DVD Images (ISO, NRG and Cue Sheets)
* Ability to burn Multisession CD/DVD
* Double Layer DVDs
* Copy CD or DVD as under Windows
* Image Recorder is available
* Digital Audio Extraction for audio tracks
To get an overview, please check the NeroLINUX gallery..
Supported platforms (32-bit):
* Red Hat Linux 7.2
* Red Hat Linux 7.3
* Red Hat Linux 8.0
* Red Hat Linux 9
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
* Fedora Core 1
* Fedora Core 2
* Fedora Core 3
* SuSE Linux 8.0
* SuSE Linux 8.1
* SuSE Linux 8.2
* SuSE Linux 9.0
* SuSE Linux 9.1
* SuSE Linux 9.2
* Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (with kernel 2.4 or higher)
Important note: Nero does not provide Technical Support for NeroLINUX.
NeroLINUX is FREE of charge if you register:
* A Full Version of Nero Software Version 6 or higher
* Retail Version or Downloaded Version
Please note: This offer is not for OEM or Demo version users.
OEM users can Upgrade Now for a special discount offer.
So, if you have purchased a full retail version of Nero 6, you can download for free. Looks nice, pity it isn't GPL'ed, but that would be expecting a lot from Nero.
Link to announcement: http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html