Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th February 2005, 10:11 PM
cchen Offline

FC3 Install Assert errors & messed up GUI

Hi,

I'm a total newbie here and thought I'd try installing FC3. I've been reading the threads where people have had the same problems as I -- the Assertion (heads <256) blah blah blah. However, I'm a little confused as to how the problem gets fixed. I put in a brand new Maxtor hard drive and ran the MaxBlast SW that came with it which I know think was the problem.

I read about using the update disk, but do I write that onto a floppy with a .img suffix? Is it possible to put it on a CD and boot from there?

I was actually able to get through the whole installation process by ignoring the error when running in text mode, but now my fedora GUI is terrible messed up. The windows don't show up all the time -- I have to roll my mouse over where the window should be to actually see it. And it's really really slow to do anything. Do you think this is all related, or two separate problems? I'm so confused. Any help and ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Tags
assert, errors, fc3, gui, install, messed

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On