Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd February 2005, 07:38 AM
pking Offline

Angry Frustrated Web Developer needs help or will hang myself!!

If someone can renew my faith that would be good cos' at this point i'm just on the verge of going back to ****ing Win**** X****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so pleased with Core3 until...well it's not a linux problem per say but...I can't find a bloody graphics program that can slice my bloody graphics and output an html file etc...

Of course Gimp has some plugins for that but I had no luck with any of them....I can't even install I plugin in Gimp without a headache!!!! I don't ...it's probably just me but...the point of all this is to keep being as productive as on my win**** machine while having more security and stability...now for the security & stability side of things it's all alright but productivity wise...Gimp sure doesn't make life easy & fast for me to make my work...

So my question is:

Do any of you know of another graphics program that is as productive as Fireworks or Photoimpact? (I use these two under win**** and man can i wip some stuff quickly!!)

I only gimp could provide slicing built-in and "save for web" feature....I would be in Heaven but...guess that'll have to wait!!!

So unless i find a more productive graphics program to make my web graphics with...i'll relunctantly have to go back to Bill Gate's piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pking...2005
Old 3rd February 2005, 07:47 AM
ilja Offline

First of all:
Most people I know just use dreamweaver under Linux with wine or crossoffice,in vmware or win4lin
Second:
as far as I understood the function that you need is avalaible in quanta. It is a HTML-Editor. Or bluefish, I can't remember in which of them both.
Third:
relax, enjoy your life And look at this http://www.imagemagick.org/
Old 3rd February 2005, 08:07 AM
Finalzone Online
Community Manager

Nvu can be considered as "Dreamweaver for the poor". It is based on Gecko engine version of Mozilla.
Old 3rd February 2005, 08:40 AM
pking Offline

Thanks ilja...

Thanks...i'll give imagemagik a try...i already use Quanta for the web side of things...it's basically just an image slicer i'm after...

hopefully imagemagik can do that...

and yes i'll try to relax

pking...2005

Tags
developer, frustrated, hang, web