By default X-CD-Roast is compiled with disabled non-root mode. Here are the steps to get X-CD-Roast with enabled non-root mode:
- Open the terminal and become root:
- If X-CD-Roast is already installed, you should uninstall it:
yum remove xcdroast
- Download X-CD-Roast's source rpm found here (xcdroast-0.98a15-8.src.rpm; if there is a newer version available at the moment you are reading this how-to then next steps are similar, you just have to change xcdroast-0.98a15-8 to what it is in your case at the moment; notice that it is Fedora Core 3's repo).
- In terminal change the path to where did you download that source rpm:
- Now install that source rpm:
rpm -ivh xcdroast-0.98a15-8.src.rpm
- Change the path to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS :
- Open xcdroast.spec with an text editor:
and on the line 37 change --disable-nonrootmode to --enable-nonrootmode. Then save and exit.
- Then run the command:
rpmbuild -bb xcdroast.spec
- After that change the path to /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ :
- Install the package we just made:
rpm -ivh xcdroast-0.98a15-8.i386.rpm
That is it! But now you have to open X-CD-Roast as root and configure it. Otherwise you cannot use the non-root mode. Just run the command xcdroast
in the terminal as being root and then everything should be easy already (don't forget to press the 'Enable non-root mode button').
I hope you found it helpful! If you find any mistakes, please let me know.