Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th January 2005, 08:58 AM
dunstq Offline

Fedora deserves better than this

I was just checking the wikipedia entry for Fedora Core at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_core
Actually, I found it to be a bit disappointing and quite uninformative. If I did not know anything about this distro, this article would not get me interested in it. Maybe someone who is more qualified than me (which applies to nearly everyone on this forum) should try to add something to it.
Old 17th January 2005, 09:09 AM
macemoneta Offline

It looks fine to me. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not an advertisement. The entry is informative, and provides pointers to relevant information. What is it that you think is missing?
Old 17th January 2005, 10:38 AM
imdeemvp Offline

I did not see anything wrong with the article. Everything is base information that we know by now. Maybe you dont like the screenshot based on windows.

Easiest and most friendly desktop ever is PCLinuxOS! Includes all this apps. Just try it.

"The greater the struggle THE greater the achievment."

Do you know HIM?

If you are an idiot click here. NThis will test you linux skills :D
Old 17th January 2005, 03:19 PM
dunstq Offline

Well, just do a quick search for other distros like Slackware or Suse and you will find them much more informative. It is not about advertising, but telling more about ideas, special features and so on.
Old 17th January 2005, 09:11 PM
Myra Offline

The idea behind wikipedia is that everybody can change it. Don't like this? Change it yourself to include more info about ideas, special features and so on. Be aware to be objective enough of course, or your entry will not be used.
Old 18th January 2005, 08:55 AM
Jman Offline

I took a glance at this a while back (I was wacky for wikis at the time) and found nothing obviously wrong with it.

Granted, it's not inspiring. It's informative, and it has this thing they call on Wikipedia neutral point of view (NPOV). Does get dry and boring at times.

We could copy in the list of rpm pacakges. Wikipedians are always making lists of things. Even more boring.

How about a bit of Fedora policy: have an open project where anybody can participate, release often, and package quality software in rpms?

If you really want uninspired drivel, check out the Feodra Project stub page. I made that diagram in Dia. But it has no content as Fedora Core is the Fedora Project.

FedoraForum did get the second unofficial link, by the way.